Sunday, April 7, 2013

Northern Lights

More than anything, I have been wanting to see the Northern Lights. I got a small glimpse when I was in Fairbanks but I had no idea what was in store for me. I have an app on my phone to let me know when the conditions are most favorable and had been watching them increase over a few days. It said it was very probable on Friday night so I drove up to the top of Hatchers pass and waited. Unfortunately they were not visible. The next night I went to some friends house for saint Patrick's day dinner and on the way home I started seeing them. By the time I got home the app stated a "storm" was on the way. I stood out in my driveway for over an hour and was a Popsicle but I couldn't stop watching. I have never seen such beauty and wonder in all my life. It was amazing how the colors would just dance and swirl.  It was like God took his paint brush out and was just painting the sky. Unfortunately you need a tripod and know something about cameras to get pictures so needless to say I did not get any, fortunately my friend Jessica did. They said this was the biggest and best storm in many years and I was blessed to see it. Another bucket list item checked off!







 

















 
As wonderful as these pictures are they are nothing compared to the seeing them in person. It is something I will never forget!!  (Thanks Jessica for sharing your pictures!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment